There is some good mixed with not so good when resolving to a list of resolutions. The good bits involve actually thinking about making some positive changes in your life while the bad bits often include having life itself get in the way of good intentions. So, for better or worse I will post a few in hopes that I can make some progress and focus a bit.
- Keep up my Morse practice. This hour per day has provided a nice opportunity to focus on radio while not stealing too much time from chores. I’m not, nor will I ever be a “CW Man”, but it is a task I am content to do the work necessary to improve. Someone once suggested that 2000 hours of practice is required in order to be “proficient” in any manually dexterous task. An hour a day for five days per week intimates a time investment of 7.69 years of Morse Practice to become acceptably proficient. That seems like a doable time frame. We have been at this for around 3-4 years now. 🙂
- Make better use of my IC-735 in QRP mode. Ive set things up to run off of battery power and output 5 watts but have yet to do any QRP CW work. Mostly I fall asleep early and I just need to change my habits.
- Operate on SKN. I keep trying to get involved but never actually manage to do this. Another opportunity is just around the corner
- Keep walking each morning. I walk 1.5 miles per day now. Perhaps I can increase that somewhat.
- Continue with my Primal Diet. Ive taken a holiday since around Thanksgiving. Time to get back on track.
- Take my son and grandson camping with telescopes and radios. Nuff said.
- Find a way to have a date night with my wife once per month.
That is enough for one year. It is necessary to have enough but not too many. Someone remind me of this post if I don’t write about about “progress” along the way!
Thanks for reading my Blog and a very Merry Christmas to all. Best, Chas W5PG