Some regular readers here may recall my gnashing of teeth vis the fruits of practicing my code daily. That is,I wasn’t seeing any improvements. Slowly my fist deteriorated, my patience declined and all I really knew was that my copying ability was a constant. Well, all of that changed during ARRL DX CW last weekend. About one year ago I went up to Boston to work at W1HIS station for the same DX test that I referred to here … ARRL DX CW. During my trip to Boston I had a serious problem copying call signs on the first hearing. That changed this year. In comparing notes with Chuck following the contest both he and I found that call signs flew out of pileups and fills were not generally needed. This we attribute to working through the sunspot minimum with generally poor to abysmal band conditions on a majority of days we had scheduled practice. Well after another year of practice my send side is still working itself out but the receive side overcame troubles and is performing just fine. All very good news. Now I could just make my fingers work properly…..
Thanks for reading my Blog. Best, Chas W5PG